Monday 29 October 2012

No more oil clogs! - Laneige Light Balancing Emulsion for Oily/Combination skin

If you have read my 'More About..' page up there *points*, you will know that I have a problem with teeny little oil plugs along my jawline. Apparently, my skin is having trouble balancing the oil inside with the lack of hydration on the surface so once I solve the hydration problem, I should be, quite literally, in the clear~

I'd played around with several other moisurisers/hydrating lotions from Bioessence, HadaLabo, Kanebo, L'oreal...etc but everything seemed to want to make little oil huts on my face!! The clogging stayed despite excruciating extraction sessions at the beauty salon T_T UNTIL:

Approx S$34 from Singapore Changi Airport Duty Free

YES! Finally! Something that worked for me! T_T


I picked this up while browsing because it had this Light version for combination to oily skin types and the box said, I quote:

"Controls excess sebum and balances hydration for clear and transparent skin."

Sounds good. How much? Just a little over S$30? I'll take it.

Hows about a look at the consistency:


It is truly lightweight. The emulsion pumps out whitish but turns transparent as you spread it out. It also absorbs very well giving the skin a slightly dewy finish that works well for my makeup!

I've been using this faithfully twice a day for a month and the level of product has only dropped to just below the Laneige logo on the bottle so I reckon this 120ml bottle will last about 5 months?

Some extra write-up on the leaflet regarding the Light Balancing Emulsion:

"Lightweight emulsion with purifying and hydro balancing care for fresh and clear skin.

-Bio Dusali, extracted from fermented seaweed with strong energy of life, supplies energy to the skin and promotes keratin turnover, while the Hyacinth extracts purify the skin from heavy metal (\m/>_<\m/ sorry i couldn't resist), smog, and other harmful materials to leave the skin moist and transparent.

- Niacinamide helps for brightened skin tone with keratin care. Ginger extracts controls excess sebum and skin troubles while balancing oil-moisture for oily skin."

Here's a look at the ingredients for those of you who're particular about this kinda stuff:


As skincare effect goes, I don't really see much in the brightening aspect but my skin is definately more hydrated, even doing ok in europe's autumn weather~ The dewiness doesn't disintegrate into an oil slick as the day wears on and my skin definately feels smoother =) Main point: The clogging has decreased significantly!! O Joy!!

In short, the Laneige Light Balancing Emulsion:

  • should last you a good 5 to 6 months if used according to instructions i.e about 1 pump twice a day.
  • delivers on the hydrating and balancing promise, not so sure about the brightening
  • has a slim nozzle which makes for easy dispense control BUT may pose a wastage problem when the bottle is near empty
  • is, imo, a good value-for-money buy

Has anyone tried this product to curb clogging? I'm quite interested as to what other product would be able to banish clogging so do share if you have a good one~ ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I'm using this right now and I love it! It's exactly what I need this summer :)

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tegan!

      omg yes~ it was exactly what my combination skin needed in Singapore's humid weather! =D

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts?