Friday 7 December 2012

A Teaspoon For Your Makeup Pouch!

This is for all those ladies out there who have trouble drawing a steady eyeline, yes that includes yours truly~ I don't have shaky hands but I often have trouble getting an equal curve on both eyes =\ And you know there are those days when your makeup just REFUSES to cooperate >_< Well, here's the solution to your eyeliner drawing woes!

I wanted to share this video by Sasaki Asahi (佐々木あさひ), she's an awesome Youtube beauty expert whose videos I love love LOVE to watch~ I saw this video a long time ago but forgot about it till I stumbled upon it again recently!

In this video, she introduces the humble teaspoon as a girl's best friend for eye-make! I love this chick, she's so cute!


I'm game for all but the eyelash curling part...>_< Too worried that my eyelashes will just fall off if I 'roll' them along the spoon rim like that. But I was more than happy to test the eyeliner method!

From Left: Handle for the lower curve, Head to shape the top curve~
(Using the KATE Dual Liner)
I realised you can use the head of the spoon for various angles depending on what kind of 'wing' you're looking to achieve~ Pretty nifty hey? ^__^

And tadah~~~~a quick & easy mistake-free winged eyeline!



What do you think? Isn't this just SO EASY? ^o^ And you can doodle on or decorate your teaspoon to your own taste! I bought a cute one from Daiso to bring around in my makeup pouch!
 

You can check out the rest of Sasaki-san's videos HERE~ ^___^

4 comments:

  1. You know, I really am not a fan of the winged eyeliner look, but I really love the way you did yours. It's nice, thin, and subtle. I agree, too chicken to even attempt using the spoon to curl my lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe oh the curlinggggg I couldn't help squirming a little when I saw that part! Thanks! I like the way the eyeliner turned out too~ MUCH better than the weird or uneven strokes & angles I sometimes end up with =P Tried this spoon method yet?

      Delete
    2. Haven't tried the spoon method, yet. Got to find the right sized spoon first, LOL.

      Delete
    3. LOL! hope it works great for your eyemakeup and opens up a whole new can of worms for more makeup shopping!! XP

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts?