Monday 18 March 2013

Majorly Romantic - Majoromantica M Mystic Garden Perfume

*mumbles to self* Is this my first fragrance post? *checks* yes this is my first fragrance post.

So. =D I haven't bought fragrances for a long time because I have too many bottles of Victoria's Secret body mists to finish up before I can justify getting perfume but Majolica Majorca's packaging is always a little hard to ignore in the drugstores... Japanese are quite big on smelling nice and I've bought my share of beautiful smelling hair perfumes. So I swiped the tester on just for fun and went happily on my way. Sniffing and sniffing as I went along....I decided it was a very pretty Japanese-y sort of scent lol...so I went back for a closer look.

Which of course resulted in a purchase. And what a mouthful it is~ Majolica Majorca's Majoromantica M Mystic Garden scent:

S$25.90 at Watsons
This scent is part of the Majolica Majorca's Spring collection (Chapter 36 Secret Blink) just released in end Feb 2013. I like Majolica's packaging but their products seldom catch my eye. The only other Majolica product I own is the Blood On lip and cheek rouge, which I do use regularly.

But back to the fragrance. Packaged in a slim glass bottle is 20ml of concentrated scent. The rounded wand applicator holds the liquid well on the way out so it doesn't drip all over the place. I like that the scent has multiple notes and ends on a musky tone. The initial floral fragrance isn't too overpowering and 'matures' quite nicely with my body chemistry. Product amount is also easily adjustable since it's not a pump or spritz bottle.


Sadly, the fragrance doesn't last forever and ever. But the bottle is slim and hardy enough to carry around and easy for low profile touch ups since you're not spritzing away. Just whip out the wand and swipe your wrists and neck~ It makes a nice hair fragrance too! I also realise that the product will finish quite fast, having gone through about 1/4 of the bottle in just a week so I just got a 2nd bottle. I guess I'm quite trigger happy with it >_<

So in short, Majoromantica M Mystic Garden fragrance:
  • is very affordable (plus watsons always has sales; I got both bottles at 20% off)
  • comes in a cute convenient glass bottle + applicator (I imagine this glass bottle can be recycled to hold essential oils in the future~)
  • multi-note scent is sweet and fruity without being overpowering and ends on a nice musky note; youthful but in a grownup sort of way ^_^
  • fragrance doesn't stay very long but the packaging is designed for touchups on the go so no big deal
  • by my estimate, the bottle will last about a month of regular usage
This is my first fragrance from a cosmetic brand...and it's not bad, cheap too. I think I'll keep a lookout for any future fragrance Majolica releases in future~

Have you ever used a fragrance from a cosmetic brand? How was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?